In June Calderdale Council consulted with residents regarding the proposals for waiting restrictions in Ripponden. Following the consultation, there are to be some amendments to the original proposals – summarised below:
- Extend the proposed restrictions on both sides of Excelsior Close to cover the first driveways
- Remove the proposed restriction on the north eastern side of A672 Oldham Road, Ripponden in the vicinity of house no 147
- Reduce the length of the proposed restriction at the junction A672 Oldham Road and Godly Lane, Ripponden to a distance of 10m either side of the junction in line with the recommendation as detailed in The Highway Code
- Provide waiting restrictions on the south west side Back Lane, Ripponden
- Hirstwood – introduce no waiting at any time restrictions
Updated proposals and amended plans are now being advertised and hard copies have been made available for public inspection at the Parish Council office and Ripponden Library.
The consultation period for the amended plans is 25th November 2016 to 16th December 2016