The Parish Council is pleased to announce that following the recent election for the Barkisland Ward, Robert Thornber has been duly elected as a Parish Councillor.
Councillor Thornber was welcomed onto the Parish Council at its meeting on 23rd August.
NOTICE OF POLL
Notice is hereby given that: –
- A Poll for the Election of a PARISH COUNCILLOR for the above named Parish will be held on Thursday 16th August 2018, between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm.
- The number of PARISH COUNCILLORS to be elected for the Parish is 1.
- The names, in alphabetical order and other particulars of the candidates remaining validly nominated and the names of the persons signing the nomination papers are as follows:
|Surname||Other Names in Full||Home address||Description||Persons who signed the Nomination Papers|
|MULLANY||MARK RICHARD||1 Post Office Buildings Barkisland Halifax HX4 0AL||Green party||Roy Metcalfe, Ann Metcalfe|
|PYGOTT||KATHERINE||15 Pinfold Close Barkisland Halifax HX4 0EY||Catherine Johnson, Philip Johnson|
|THORNBER||ROBERT ERNEST||Lower Bottomley Farm Barkisland Halifax West Yorkshire HX4 0ET||The Conservative Party Candidate||Nathan Cavalier, Caroline EJ Thornber|
- The situation and allotment of Polling Places and Polling Stations and the descriptions of the persons entitled to vote are as follows:
|Polling District||Polling station||Description of Persons Entitled To Vote Thereat|
|ME||CHRIST CHURCH BARKISLAND SCAMMONDEN ROAD BARKISLAND HX4 0AF||PARISH OF RIPPONDEN – BARKISLAND WARD 1 – 1298|
Date of issue 8th August 2018
Following the resignation of Councillor A Watson, a vacancy has arisen on the Parish Council. The term of office will be until May 2019 when elections will take place for all 12 Councillors of the Parish Council. If you are interested in applying, the Notice of Election is below:
Notice of Election – Ripponden Parish Council
An election is to be held of one Parish Councillor for the Barkisland ward
- An election is to be held of one Parish Councillor for the above mentioned ward.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at Electoral Services, Mulcture Hall Road, Halifax, HX1 1SP on any day after the date of this notice (except for Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays), but no later than 4pm on Friday 20 July 2018.
- Forms of nomination paper may be obtained from the Returning Officer at Electoral Services, Mulcture House, Mulcture Hall Road, Halifax, HX1 1SP, who will, at the request of any elector for the electoral ward, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 16 August 2018.
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications to be treated as a postal voter, together with notices of amendment to, or cancellation of existing postal and proxy voting applications, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Town Hall, Halifax, HX1 1UJ, by 5pm on Wednesday 1 August 2018 if they are to be effective for this election.
New applications to be treated as a proxy voter must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 8 August 2018 if they are to be effective for this election. Electors who, after this date, become unable to attend the polling station due to occupation, service or employment or for medical reasons may apply to vote by proxy up to 5pm on Thursday 16 August 2018.
Dated 12 July 2018
The Ripponden entry will be judged for Yorkshire in Bloom on Wednesday 11th July 2018. Please help us to keep the village tidy and Blooming!
Have you got a plot, patch or pots you’re proud of – then why not enter them into this year’s Parish Council annual garden competition?
We’re looking for entries for each and every kind of garden – flower, vegetable, courtyard, balcony or windowsill – and for business entries too. We know there are lots of green-fingered enthusiasts in our parish and this gives you the chance to showcase your efforts and win a coveted award.
Closing date for applications Friday 29th June 2018 for an application form go to Miscellaneaous Documents